Memduh Asaf Street 10, Koshkluchiftlik, Nicosia / TRNC   +90 (392) 227 10 47

The Kırklar Lodge/Tombs

The Lodge is located in the vicinity of the village of Kırklar, east of Nicosia, near Ercan Airport. The Lodge structure consists of a mosque,  tombs and other lodge structures, of which only ruins remain today. The mosque was built in 1816. There is no information about the construction date of the other structures. The roof of the Kırklar Tomb is level with the ground, and the main tomb structure is below ground level. The tomb consists of three parallel corridors and there are chimney-shaped windows at the top for lighting purposes. Coffins are lined up in the north and south corridors. There is also a coffin at the end of the middle corridor. It is rumored that the tombs contain the graves of the Companions of the Prophet Muhammad.


TİKA's Contributions

In the works carried out by TIKA in 2024; the roof covering of the tomb section in the form of an earthen roof was levelled and waterproofed to prevent dampness and water leaks. Synthetic grass was laid on the waterproofing to enhance the appearance. In the next stage, the windows of the tomb section were renewed, the windows and shutters of the mosque section were repaired and painted, canopies were built to prevent rain from entering through the windows, the entrance porch was renovated, the body walls were grouted and waterproofed, and the interior walls of the tomb was repaired and repainted. A wooden separator was placed inside the mosque to set the women's area.

  All Places